Party Rentals in San Diego | Party Equipment & Supplies
San Diego: (888) 252-1319 El Cajon: (888) 808-0017
Party News, Tips, Do's & Don'ts
Whether you need tables, linens, chairs, arches, silk plants, or a sound system, we invite all rental rookies to join us for a close-up look at the basic tips, trends, and terminology of party rental equipment.
Which should you grab first to get started -- your telephone or your PC mouse? Neither! Instead, grab a sheet of paper and sketch a plan of your dream wedding and reception set-up. This technique will help you gather your thoughts and organize your ideas prior to a consultation with a rental company.
Brush up on your vocabulary with the help of the American Rental Association, a leading personal and professional group dedicated to maintaining high quality service in the rental industry.
When it comes to deciding what rental items are the perfect solution for your event, take a few minutes to consider what is popular at other peoples parties. This list is based on real experience supplying party rental items to events over a nearly 30 year period. Check out this list to help you know what you need for your next gathering!
Hosting a party is a big chore even for those party-throwers who start out with everything they need. Scheduling, logistics, parking, and staff are their own headaches, and hunting down all the party supplies is often equal to the rest of the party planning hassles combined. That's why party rental companies exist: Not only to provide the missing odds-and-ends for your party but also to provide a largely hassle-free opportunity to secure all your party supplies and at a reasonable cost.
Party Rental Companies and Services
Party rentals are a wide array of equipment, products, and even some basic services that allow people to throw lavish—or at least elegant and formal—parties for a fraction of the cost of actually owning these top-of-the-line party supplies. Few people have the type of linens and furniture, among other items, that are needed to host a truly first-class affair. Sure, many people have nice China they bring out for special occasions, but this China may not match the party's theme, and even if it does, this China may not include the extensive barware, serving dishes, and platters that can bring a beautiful and classy touch to your party.
Ideally, a rental company is a place where you can find the right equipment for all your predetermined party rental needs, as well as find one or two diamonds-in-the-rough for products you didn't even know existed. (Just because you don't the history of a charger plate doesn't mean that you don't know how to party.) While there are some universal needs for any party, both form and function will play heavily into what products are needed for your party: The rental equipment needed for an outdoor bonfire party is drastically different than that needed for a cocktail party. The rental products needed for a 50th wedding anniversary in May are different than those needed for the annual company party for the holiday season in mid-December.
Rental Equipment for Weddings
Of course, no occasion is so particular or so demanding as the wedding ceremony and reception. In modern times, weddings have become increasingly personal and specialized. Rituals from twenty years ago have gone out of style; rituals from twenty centuries ago have been revived. Nearly every wedding has components that are both strictly traditional and non-traditional in presentation. The outdoor wedding may need an ornate archway, while a church wedding doesn't even need to address this structure as part of the contingency plan. Weddings are also known for placing a high demand on tables and chairs, which may require two sets, one for the ceremony and one for the reception. Indeed, the two-part play that comprises most weddings may essentially require detailed planning equivalent to two, separate events.
Party Rental Ideas
- Tables and Chairs: Just as it is with interior decorating, comfortable and visually appealing seating is the first priority for many parties. If your event doesn't need furniture, the principle remains to start with what your event absolutely must have.
- Decorative Linens: Perhaps the fastest and one of the least expensive ways to add flair to your party is decorative linens (both tabletops and napkins). Often, this is the best way to emphasize the theme of your party.
- Stereo equipment: You may have a portable stereo, but rental stereo equipment, including correctly-sized speakers and microphones, can make a huge difference for your party.
- Lighting: You might think about sprucing up your lighting fixtures through a rental company, or you can even find illuminated tables that kill two equipment birds with one rental stone.
- Accessories and Single Pieces: See what's out there. Along with charger plates, there are champagne top hats, chafing dishes, and a dozen or so items that you may have never heard of or thought about.